Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dark Chocolate Procastination

Hi everyone :) Hope you're having a great Tuesday so far! Here's a cute picture I found that made me smile this morning :)


After eating breakfast this morning, I went to the grocery store for the last time before I go home to Ohio for the rest of the summer! I kind of hate trying to figure out what to buy when you're also trying to get rid of everything. I have a feeling I'll be having some random meals this next week.

After the store, I headed to the gym for another total body weights workout. I did 15 reps and 2 sets of the following:

*Lateral step-ups
*Squats
*Calf raises
*Single-leg dead lifts
*Chest press
*Seated reverse flies
*Bicep curls
*Upright rows
*Tricep kickbacks
*Seated rows
*Bicycle crunches: 60 x 2
*Regular crunches: 30 x 2
*Side plank raises: 15 x 2 each side

I followed this up with 10 minutes on the elliptical. I love getting in a good weight workout- I like the fatigued feeling my muscles have afterward :)


Ok, so after reading Julie's blog post last week about peanut butter granola, I knew it was only a matter of time before I tried to make it myself. ME make granola? Yea...I don't know what's gotten into me. I think this whole blogging thing is inspiring me to be brave in the kitchen. I digress, I apologize....Anyway, it looked easy enough, and then when I saw it on Courtney's blog yesterday, I could not get it out of my head. I seriously think I had dreams about granola last night.

So, I took the plunge and made some today. I should be studying for my mini lab practical that is tomorrow, but this is a delicious - and totally worth it - form of procrastination. Let me just say: holy crap, Julie you are a granola goddess! This was so easy and I now think I know what I'll be eating for the rest of the day :).

I followed Julie's recipe except that I doubled it and used Dark Chocolate Dreams instead of regular peanut butter.


Dark chocolate and peanut butter are two of my all-time favorite things to consume. So the fact that there is dark chocolate pb is awesome in itself (and all-natural at that!). However, using it to make granola is AMAZING. Seriously, you can taste the dark chocolatey, peanut buttery goodness in every crunchy bite :)



Yes, I'm classy and put it in plastic Tupperware


I'm in big trouble with this stuff. I can envision the stuffing of my face that will occur probably all day long. Oh well, you only live once right? ;)

Special thanks to Julie for giving me a new favorite snack/meal/anytime food and to Courtney for getting the idea stuck in my head to actually make this stuff. Love you girls for it!

7 comments:

  1. I am not a huge fan of granola...but honestly, anything with dark chocolate dreams is probably going to be DANG good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice workout, girl!! I love fatigued muscles too.
    And that granola looks awesome! I saw it on Julie's blog & thought I definitely have to make it. & I love that you used the Dark Chocolate pb- Holy Yum!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you just inspired me to lifts some weights this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) aw yay! Lifting is honestly such a great workout!

    ReplyDelete